Contemporary kitchens are a great way to modernize any home. Simple, sleek designs with horizontal lines that contribute to a geometric look are a great way to minimize clutter and maximize kitchen space.
Many contemporary kitchen designs embody mid-century characteristics, such as sleek lines, bright colors and modern European influences. The esthetic of modern kitchen design ideas aims to achieve a perfect marriage of functionalism and simplicity. A few common features of contemporary kitchens include:
- Deep single-bowl sinks with gooseneck faucets: The look is contemporary, and its functionality allows homeowners to handle multiple pots and pans with ease.
- Anything stainless steel: From faucets, to appliances and cabinet handles, this material looks sleek and sophisticated.
- Frameless cabinets: Going along with the minimalist feel, contemporary kitchens don’t use a lot of ornate design elements.
- Solid cabinets: Kitchen cabinet designs for contemporary kitchens usually incorporate stainless steel, white or colored laminate, or grained woods like Beech and Maple. These materials offer a sleek flow that guides the eye throughout the room.
- Pops of color: Using color strategically in the kitchen is a great way to add some pizzazz. Colorful backsplashes are a great way to incorporate color without any single hue overwhelming a space.
- Multiple shelving styles: Closed cabinets are a great way to store dishes and other kitchen items you don’t want others to see, but most contemporary kitchens play with different types of storage spaces, including open shelving and frosted glass inserts.