Still on the fence about remodeling your kitchen or bathroom? Want to weigh all the pros and cons first? Here are seven interesting facts about home remodels that may help you make your decision.
- 75% of home remodels are designed to improve the home vs. making repairs, and were done because homeowners either wanted to update their home or prepare it to sell.
- Research shows that most Americans begin with the bathroom when renovating their homes…smart since it can increase the value of your home by more than 60%!
- Women are the decision makers, and are credited with making more than 85% of the choices when it comes to a remodel.
- For every $1,000 spent on a remodel you can expect to see about $6,500 to your home’s value. And that’s on top of the enjoyment you feel in your new space.
- The average kitchen remodel takes up to 4 to 6 weeks to complete. The best chance to stay on your timeline? Invest in the planning phase upfront.
- Cash is still king, with 85% of homeowners paying for remodels with cash, and ⅓ of homeowners using credit cards.
- Be sure to consider the overall style of your home before beginning. Can a modern kitchen work in a traditional home? Maybe. Just be sure you can pull it off. One suggestion, make sure to live in your house a bit before you get started. This will help you determine what works best for you.