- the types of information we collect through our Services
- how we use and protect that information
- the types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances
- the choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices
- details regarding our use of third-party cookies and other tracking technologies
We also include specific disclosures for residents of California.
This Policy applies when you interact with us through our Services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to non-Canyon Creek websites that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
Information We Collect
Information you give us
Some of the Services may include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Services. This includes:
- Contact and demographic information when completing forms, registering to use our Services, or completing transactions.
- Payment information and associated contact information when engaging in a transaction.
- Name, contact, employment, and/or location information when subscribing to our email newsletters or mailed brochures.
- Location information when using “Where to Buy” Canyon Creek products or services location feature.
- Contact information you may provide in sharing customer feedback.
- Any information or data you provide by commenting on content posted on our Services. Please note that these comments are also visible to other users of our Services.
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or another party through our Services or in one of our locations.
- Information about which of our products and Services appeal to you, and other information about your preferences, when you interact with us through our website or by email.
- Information you may submit to apply for a job with us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
- Medical or health information that you provide to us in the course of using our Services, such as when reporting a claim or incident.
Some of this information may be collected by external parties on our behalf. For example, we use a payment processor when you engage in a transaction on our site.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is collected automatically. This includes:
- Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of the use of our site (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site.
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services) or that you make publicly available, relating to our products or services, including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
Some of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. Canyon Creek may rely on partners to provide features of our sites and Services using data about your use of Canyon Creek and other sites.
Below is a list of these partners with links to more information about their use of your data and how to exercise your options regarding tracking.
|How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services|
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed. You may also be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the other companies who conduct tracking through our Services.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Please note that opting out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from other companies that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
How We Use and Protect Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To contact you regarding promotions, discounts, and other Services, provided by Canyon Creek or our third party business partners, and when you request email newsletters or brochures.
- To contact you in response to an inquiry or complaint.
- To provide you with our products and services, including to complete transactions, take steps to enter into a contract for sale or for services, process payments, fulfill orders, and send service communications.
- To enable additional features on our Services and to provide you with a personalized service.
- To provide you with the best service and improve and grow our business, including by understanding our customer base and purchasing trends, understanding the effectiveness of our marketing, including by understanding our customer base and purchasing trends.
- To understand how our Services are being used, track site performance, and make improvements.
- To deliver tailored advertising on our Services based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measuring the effectiveness of ads.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services.
How We Secure the Information We Collect From or About You
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Your Information
- Service Providers: We engage the following types of vendors to perform functions on our behalf such as: delivery services; customer information management; customer communications and marketing services; recruiting; billing and collection; order fulfillment; auditing and accounting; professional services/consultants; analytics services; security services; and IT support. These companies are restricted from using your information in any manner other than in helping us to deliver or provide you our products and services. There are limited circumstances in which the service provider collects data directly from you when their privacy policies may also apply.
- Social Media Platforms: Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you through digital cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms they place on your device. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and the controls they make available to you.
- Dealers and other Business Partners: To enhance your experience on our Services, we provide information to authorized dealers of our products. We provide this information to our dealers so that they may better serve you in obtaining our products and services. In addition, we may send e-mail promotions to our dealers or other business partners.
Additional Information About our Data Collection and Sharing Practices
Combination of Information
We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records.
Change of Ownership or Corporate Organization
We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
Sharing of Medical or Health Information
To the extent that we receive protected health information about you, that information is subject to electronic disclosure to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future communications from Canyon Creek, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email newsletter, or email us at email@example.com, and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Your California Privacy Rights
Persons with disabilities may obtain this notice in alternative format upon request by contacting us at Marketing@CanyonCreek.com or calling 800-228-1830.
California Shine the Light
Residents of the State of California have the right to request information from Canyon Creek regarding other companies to whom the company has disclosed certain categories of information during the preceding year for those companies’ direct marketing purposes. At this time, Canyon Creek does not disclose information to other companies for their direct marketing purposes.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of “Personal Information,” as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit sharing of Personal Information. The CCPA defines “Personal Information” as “information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.” Certain information we collect may be exempt from the CCPA because it is considered public information (i.e., it is made available by a government entity) or covered by a specific federal privacy law, such as the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To the extent that we collect Personal Information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Right to Notice at Collection Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of Personal Information we collect, and the purposes for which those categories of Personal Information will be used. This notice should be provided at or before the time of collection. The categories we use to describe the information are those enumerated in the CCPA.
- Personal Identifiers:
- We collect your name, phone number, and email address and contact address when you create an account or complete a transaction. If you choose to create an account, you will also be asked to create a username, and we will assign one or more unique identifiers to your profile. We use this information to provide the Services, respond to your requests, and send information and advertisements to you.
- We collect your social media handle and basic account information when you interact with our Services through social media.
- We collect a unique numerical identifier, assigned to you by a first-party cookie, automatically when you use our Services in order to identify you, provide the Services, keep you logged in to the Services, prevent fraud, and provide you with targeted information and offers.
- We may collect medical information and health information about you if you provide it to us when reporting an incident or claim. We use this information to respond to your requests and address claims or complaints.
- We collect your IP address and device identifier (Device ID) automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to identify you, gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and serve targeted advertisements and offers based on your use of our Services or other online activities.
- Additional Personal Identifiers (sensitive): We currently use a third-party provider to process payments on our behalf. The third-party provider collects payment information when you provide it to us, which may include your credit card number or a bank account number, when you complete a transaction. We use this information to streamline and facilitate payments and transactions.
- Commercial Information: When you engage in transactions with us, we create records of goods or services purchased or considered. We also collect payment information, such as payment method and transaction amounts. We use this information to processes your transactions, measure the effectiveness of our Services and provide you with targeted information, advertisements and offers.
- Biometric Information: We do not collect information about your physiological, biological, and behavioral characteristics.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We collect information about your browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with websites, and applications or advertisements automatically when you utilize our Services. We use this information to gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and to serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
- Professional or employment-related information: We collect information about your current employer and your employment history if you apply for a job with us. We use this information to conduct background and other screening activities, and to promote our Services to others.
- Education information: We collect information about the institutions you have attended and the level of education you have attained if you apply for a job with us. We use this information to conduct background and other screening activities.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics: We do not currently collect this type of information.
We may use any of the categories of information listed above for other business or operational purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
We also sell some information to third parties, as described below. To opt out of the sale of your information visit our Do Not Sell My Information page.
Right to Know/Access Information
You have the right to request access to Personal Information collected about you and information regarding the source of that information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request.
Right to Request Deletion of Information
You have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete any Personal Information that we have collected directly from you. You may submit such a request as described below. To protect our customers’ Personal Information, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
How to Submit a Request
You may submit a request to exercise your rights to know/access or delete your Personal Information through any one of three means:
- By filling out a Consumer Data Request Form available here.
- By calling us at 1-800-228-1830.
In order to process your request to know/access or delete Personal Information we collect, disclose, or sell, we must verify your request. We do this by:
- Asking you to
- provide personal identifiers we can match against information we may have collected from you previously; and
- confirm your request using the email or telephone account stated in the request.
You may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf. We require that you and the individual complete declarations in order to verify the identity of the authorized agent and confirm that you have authorized them to act on your behalf. Please see our sample forms here.
Right to Opt Out of Sale of Personal Information to Third Parties
You have the right to opt out of any sale of your Personal Information to third parties.
We sell information to third parties. To “sell” information means to disclose it to a company for monetary or other benefit. A company may be considered a third party either because the purpose of sharing is not an enumerated business purpose under California law, or because our contract does not restrict them from using Personal Information for other purposes.
We sell the following information:
- Personal Identifiers: We provide your name, email address, and phone number to our business partners.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We exchange your browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with websites, and applications or advertisements with our advertising and business partners.
To exercise your right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, please visit our Do Not Sell My Personal Information page or call us at 800-228-1830.
Please note that your right to opt out does not apply to our sharing of Personal Information with service providers, who are parties we engage to perform a function on our behalf and are contractually obligated to use the Personal Information only for that function.
Special Information for Nevada Residents
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others. At this time, Canyon Creek does not engage in such sales. If you are a Nevada resident and would like more information about our data sharing practices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at:
16726 Tye St SE
Monroe, WA 98727